Pancho the Chihuahua and his human companion Nic are here to help us relax through gentle yoga. Enjoy! (For even more chill in your pet's day, try Calming Plus!)
Endurapet Blog » dogs
Supercharged by Raspberries: What you need to know now about Raspberry Seed Extract (Ellagic Acid) as a natural supplement for pets and people.
Lily's family searched for her for nearly two years. Than this happened. Grab a tissue...and if you haven't microchipped your beloved pets yet, here's another reason to go out right this second and get them microchipped. So happy for Lily and family!
- The spring and summer months are often hard on dogs with thunderstorm phobia – and their owners. Phobic reactions can range from mild-moderate to extreme.
- A study conducted a few years ago indicates dogs with storm phobia often have other related conditions, specifically separation anxiety and noise phobia. A combination of anxieties can make diagnosis and treatment more challenging.
- Storm phobia is different from other anxiety disorders because there can be a number of triggers rather than just one. And thunderstorm phobias can get worse the more storms a dog is exposed to.
- Effective therapy for storm-phobic dogs usually requires a combination of treatments which can include behavior modification, desensitization, establishing a safe room, the use of DAP pheromone diffusers, massage and storm jackets.
- Other options can include natural supplements and remedies, short term use of anti-anxiety drugs or anti-depressants, and consultation with an animal behavior specialist.